Thursday, May 17, 2012

Peach Cobbler

I am WAY behind on the blog but I have a lot of things to catch up on.  First up is this YUM-O Peach Cobbler recipe from Southern Living I made last night.  Not sure if I have ever made a peach cobbler before but this recipe is super easy and delicious and I will definitely be making it again, soon.  I cut the sugar down by 1/2 cup because my peaches were very sweet.  Also I suggest serving with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream!



Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar, divided
1 tablespoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup milk
4 cups fresh peach slices
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)

Preparation
Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Melt butter in a 13x9 inch baking dish

Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.  Pour batter over butter (do not stir).

Bring remaining 1 cup sugar (or 1/2 cup) peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir).  Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg, if desired.

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown.  Serve cobbler warm or cool.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment