Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WS Glass Hurricane

I'm back with another Pinterest project!  Can you tell I am addicted?  Anyone else?  This one is super easy. I saw this post on pinterest about William Sonoma Glass Hurricane's ($58 each!!) and how this blogger DIY'd them by items she found at Dollar Tree.  So, I went to my local Dollar Tree and found all the items that I needed and purchased 3 of each item below.



Remove the tags and try not to stab yourself with a razor blade like I did. Then put some hot glue around the rim of the candlestick and stick it to the bottom of the hurricane.


Then take your white candle and stick it in the hurricane so it will look like this:


Next I went outside and found some pretty yellow and brownish leaves from our yard and placed them in between the candle and the hurricane.  I actually removed two of the bases so there would be variation in height but they can easily be added back if I decide to move then or change them out for Christmas. 


I love how they turned out and they also look great with my Target Table Runner.  AND, I only spend $9 + tax for ALL the supplies!  Not bad compared to $58 EACH for the William Sonoma version!

2 comments: