Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pinterest Project

I just completed my first project inspired from a Pinterest idea!  I got the below dresser for free this summer and was just waiting for it to cool off a bit before diving in.  After seeing this post on Pinterest, I knew that was exactly what I wanted to do.

My dresser started off looking like this:






















After removing all the hardware, I sanded the dresser and painted 2 coats of primer.  I stained the top Dark Walnut and painted 4 coats of Sherwin Williams Dover White on the rest of the dresser.  I used the original drawer pulls and hardware but spray painted them Oil Rubbed Bronze.  I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! My dresser now looks like this:


I am actually using it in our dining room to store serving platters, etc.


I love how it is fitting in with the rest of the furniture.


Yay for Pinterest!

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing! Props to you! What a perfect function for it that will keep all of your serving platters and dining essentials close by and safe. I love it!

    ReplyDelete