Monday, February 21, 2011

Home Office Redesign

I actually finished the home office the week of Christmas but am just getting around to blogging about it....oops!  Our office also started as a blank slate and the first item we purchased was our old school teacher's desk on craigslist for $40!  We (okay Jason) sanded, primed, sanded, painted, stained, sanded some more and then applied two coats of poly. It was a lot of work! I decided to do the top black and I love the way it turned out. 

It went from looking like this:


















to this: (please excuse the cords...I am working on those!)






































Other wall in the office


And one other view that includes the chevron rug that I love!!






































I did a lot of shopping around and googling coupons to try and find the best deals I could.  I love the way it turned out and now that I work from home, it's great to be able to work in a "fun" office!

Craigslist:  Desk
Ikea:  Red Desk Chair
HomeGoods:  Desk accessories, printer table and basket
Container Store: Leaning bookshelf
Target:  Armless chair
Overstock:  Green garden stool

3 comments:

  1. Hey Holly! I love the way you refinished that desk. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you done major renovations on your home office in the past two years? I believe it should be done periodically to reset the negatives in the atmosphere. And it applies best by doing a complete contrast in palettes. Oralia@C2CGlobal

    ReplyDelete