Recipe via Cooking Light
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cups coarsely chopped shiitake mushroom caps (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 4)
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Place mushrooms in a large bowl. Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey, garlic, and ginger to pan; cook 6 minutes or until turkey is browned, stirring to crumble. Add turkey mixture, onions, and water chestnuts to mushrooms in bowl; stir well.
2. Spoon 1/2 cup turkey mixture into each lettuce leaf. Combine hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Sriracha, and salt in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Serve sauce with lettuce cups.