Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Girl in Motion

The St. Jude Half is this weekend! YAY! I can't believe it's finally here. I am so excited, anxious, and nervous. My training was going very well until about 7 weeks ago when I started experiencing serious knee pain after an extremely hilly 10 miler. EEK! After visiting the doc and a physical therapist, we determined it was hurting from overuse which is a very common knee injury among runners. I basically could not train for 3 weeks then I had the stomach bug for over a week so my training got put on hold for a little over a month and it was very frustrating! Being that close to the half, I didn't know if I would be too far behind to continue but I have done 2 successful long runs the past 2 weekends...WOOHOO...so I am as ready as I am going to be.

My goal this year was to kick last years time in the butt! Last year I finished 2:07 which I was very pleased with for my first half. I don't know that I will be beating that this year after my set back but completing 13.1 miles is an accomplishment in itself no matter how long it takes. :)

Please keep all the runners who will be participating in the St. Jude Marathon in your prayers this weekend! Unless you run, have run or are married to a runner, you do not understand the time and dedication it takes! I want to thank my hubby for putting up with my frustrations and worrying and obsessing over the last several weeks-- - you rock for listening to me or at least making me think you do. ;)

And what post would be complete without clothes?? If I am going be a sweaty mess when I finish the half...I at least want to be a CUTE sweaty mess.

Pullover: Nike Element 1/2 Zip- Dick's Sporting Goods
Top: Nike - Dick's Sporting Goods
Shorts: Nike Tempo Shorts- Dick's Sporting Goods
Shoes: Nike Zoom Structure- Zappos.com
Hat: Nike Running Hat- Dick's Sporting Goods

2 comments:

  1. Good luck this weekend! I'm so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck this weekend! I love how this post concludes with your outfit!

    ReplyDelete