Monday, November 22, 2010

Gobble Gobble

What are you in charge of bringing to your Thanksgiving Dinner? It is my year to go to my hubby's family Thanksgiving lunch and they usually have about 50 people!! YIKES! I am trying to decide what to make. I have a recipe for Gourmet Potato Casserole that is always good but as I was flipping through my new Southern Living magazine today, I came across Parmesan Corn Pudding that looks delicious AND has normal ingredients. I am thinking about trying this instead.

Ingredients

  • 2 (12-oz.) packages frozen white shoepeg corn, thawed and divided
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons plain yellow cornmeal
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
  • 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
  • Garnish: chopped fresh chives

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place 1 package of corn and next 7 ingredients (in order listed) in a large food processor. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.

2. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; stir in chives and remaining corn. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.

3. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Garnish, if desired.

Enjoy!


What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish or do you wish you could skip the holiday all together?! I always look forward to the dessert table. Yum.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE my mom's sweet potatoes!! They're almost like a dessert they're so good.

    ReplyDelete