Friday, October 1, 2010

Cute Jackets and Banana Bread

I realized when going through my Fall clothes that I have an obsession...with jackets. I have about 10 of them in my closet now and I have not even unpacked all my clothes from last year. They are really versatile though and great for layering. I absolutely love the cooler weather but when it gets super cold, I always get annoyed when you go into a building and they have the heat cranked up to what feels like 100 degrees and you have dressed for the freezing temperatures outside and are now sweating bullets because it's so dang hot Ha.

My hubby tells me all my clothes look alike (thanks!) and I'm sure he will disagree that I need more cute little jackets but it seems that when I go in to a store they are all screaming at me to try them on...does anybody else have a problem with that?!

Below are a couple that have been calling my name and will more than likely make it into my closet this year ...



















From L to R:
1. Half Pass Jacket www.anthropologie.com
2. Military Shirt Jacket www.freepeople.com
3. Expatriate Jacket www.modcloth.com
4. Full Tweet Ahead www.modcloth.com
5. Maximum Capacity Jacket www.anthropologie.com

And-what better way to celebrate the nice Fall temps than with some super delicious unhealthy Banana Nut Bread?!

Super Yummy Banana Nut Bread
*Warning: Habit Forming

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
2 cups mashed overripe bananas
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
-Mix flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. In separate bowl, mix butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in the bananas, eggs and walnuts until well blended. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir until blended. Divide batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
-Bake for 60 to 70 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pans for approx 5 minutes then turn out onto cooling rack and cool completely. Wrap in aluminum foil to keep in the moisture.

If you are like me, the delicious smell with over come you and the cool completely step with be omitted and you will have devoured about half the loaf before you are even able to get the aluminum foil out...enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I have a problem collecting scarves during the cold months. :) I can never have enough! Those jackets sure are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But id I eat the banana bread...I can't fit into the jackets...I'll take the bread! YUM!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete