Friday, September 24, 2010

TheGreatestOfTheseIsLove


Training for the St. Jude Half Marathon is in full swing and I am so looking forward to cooler weather!! Where is it?!?! It sure does not seem like Fall because Memphis has had record-breaking temperatures all week! I am up to 7 miles and it feels great to be over half way there in my training! This year I decided to do the Memphis Runners Track Club Road Race Series. Even though I run 5 to 6 times a week, recently purchased a Garmin (which I LOVE and highly recommend) and have run in countless races over the summer- I still get intimidated when I show up and see all the "serious" runners doing 1 to 3 mile WARM UPS!! Seriously...I don't consider that a warm up!

A friend and I have started a St. Jude Heroes Team to raise money and help support the research of cancer. Our team name is TheGreatestofTheseIsLove. I'm sure everyone knows someone who has been affected by cancer- it's such a horrible disease and has taken so many precious lives way too early. I would love to someday say that my fundraising efforts helped with the research that found a cure for Cancer...how awesome would that be?

I seriously hate asking people for money...BUT...if any of my 4 readers would like to make a donation (just click on team name above), then I will no longer expect you to wait in Autozone Park in the freezing cold weather to watch me cross the finish line. ;) Only exception to this is the hubby who better be there with bells on.

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment