Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lunch Outside the Box

Although I try to "brown bag" on most days, I do love getting out of the office at least one day a week to either try a new place or an old favorite. There are so many great places to choose from this is going to be hard to just pick a few! I do like the Lenny's, Bogie's, Jason's Deli, etc but when you are in the mood to step outside the box here are a couple places I recommend.


Trolley Stop Market: 704 Madison Avenue
Yum, yum!! This is my new favorite. Each day they have lunch specials- usually two meats and a long list of fresh veggies that can be found on their chalkboard wall behind the counter. They have a regular menu that features sandwiches and salads and also have awesome pizza's and homemade desserts to choose from each day. My favorites are the BLT with Pimento Cheese, Meat and 3, Margarita Pizza and the Texas Sheet Cake which definitely gets its name from the size! You can't leave without walking around where you will see local art, jewelry, soaps, flowers, and fresh veggies from local farmers. Love the food and the atmosphere! It has only been opened a couple months now but is always packed!!


Cafe Ecletic: 603 N. McLean or 111 Harbortown Square
This quaint little coffee shop is a must try and they just recently opened a Little Cafe Eclectic in Harbor Town. They have great coffee, sandwiches, salads and soups and although I have never tried anything from their Bakery- it all looks fabulous! My two favorites are the Grilled Chicken with Pineapple and the BLT&A sandwiches. Have also heard their breakfast is great!




Cafe Palladio: 2169 Central Avenue Located inside Palladio Antiques. Great sandwiches and salads! The Southern Fried Green Tomato sandwich is so so good. They usually have a coupon you can print off from the web for a free dessert. Their cakes are from Sugaree's Bakery in New Albany, MS and if you have ever had one from there- you know how good it is! The caramel cake is hard to pass up. The antiques are also fabulous but a little too pricey for me...always fun to window shop!


A couple other places I recommend are Bronte' located in Davis Kidd Bookstore, Little Tea Shop, Au Fond Farmtable, and Bosco's. Let me know what your favorites are! I love trying new places!

1 comment:

  1. How was Au Fond Farmtable? That is on my list of places to try!

    ReplyDelete